Protecting the Community Health
The Health Department is where the state and the locality come together in a common effort to protect the health of all residents. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to be healthy.
COVID-19 Trusted Sources
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) have many resources available for citizens to learn more about the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. Please visit these main sites for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH - COVIDCheck
- Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (VDDHH) COVID-19 Resources
- VDH COVID-19 Cases in Virginia (For Chesterfield-specific data, either click the county on the main dashboard tab map or go to the Locality tab and scroll to Chesterfield Health District.)
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Information
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Sites Map
- CDC COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Chesterfield County COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
About Health Services
The Chesterfield Health District is composed of three local health departments: Chesterfield County, Powhatan County and the City of Colonial Heights. As a state agency:
- Each local health department operates in a cooperative relationship with the city or county that it serves.
- Each of the 35 health districts in network delivers public health services across the state.
- Each health district is composed of multiple local health departments operating under the auspices of the Virginia Department of Health.
Public health encompasses many things, such as:
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of health services
- Preventing epidemics and the spread of disease
- Preventing injuries
- Promoting and encouraging healthy behaviors
- Protecting against environmental hazards
Information about Chesterfield Health Department services is available from the Virginia Department of Health website.
"To protect, preserve and promote optimum health for the community through excellence in public health service."
"To be the leader in public health through innovative and cost effective strategies to preserve the health and well being of the community - the standards by which others measure their success - first in health."