Looking for COVID-19 Vaccine Information?
Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Information webpage for the latest information regarding available COVID-19 testing and vaccinations for Chesterfield residents and businesses. Visit the VDH COVID-19 Vaccination Response webpage for more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia.
To determine when you may be eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccination, use the When Can I Get Vaccinated? tool from VDH. Once you complete the quick questionnaire and submit to VDH, they will contact you regarding when, where and how to get the vaccine.
Please Note: High Call Volume
VDH and the Chesterfield Health District are currently experiencing extremely high call volumes and ask that callers please be patient.
Protecting the Community Health
The Health Department is where the state and the locality come together in a common effort to protect the health of all residents. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to be healthy.
Trusted Sources for COVID-19 Information
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) have many resources available for citizens to learn more about the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. Please visit these main sites for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH - COVID-19 Vaccination Response
- VDH - When Can I Get Vaccinated? Tool
- CDC - V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- VDH - COVIDCheck
- VDH - COVIDWISE
- VDH - Free Chesterfield COVID-19 Testing Locations
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Information
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Sites Map
- Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (VDDHH) COVID-19 Resources
- VDH COVID-19 Daily Dashboard (For Chesterfield-specific data, visit the Locality Dashboard and scroll to Chesterfield Health District.)
- CDC COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Chesterfield County COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
For addition Chesterfield-related COVID-19 information, view the County Response to COVID-19 webpage.
About Health Services
The Chesterfield Health District is composed of three local health departments: Chesterfield County, Powhatan County and the City of Colonial Heights. As a state agency:
- Each local health department operates in a cooperative relationship with the city or county that it serves.
- Each of the 35 health districts in network delivers public health services across the state.
- Each health district is composed of multiple local health departments operating under the auspices of the Virginia Department of Health.
Public health encompasses many things, such as:
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of health services
- Preventing epidemics and the spread of disease
- Preventing injuries
- Promoting and encouraging healthy behaviors
- Protecting against environmental hazards
Information about Chesterfield Health Department services is available from the Virginia Department of Health website.
"To protect, preserve and promote optimum health for the community through excellence in public health service."
"To be the leader in public health through innovative and cost effective strategies to preserve the health and well being of the community - the standards by which others measure their success - first in health."
Chesterfield Health District: Director’s COVID-19 Updates
In this video, Dr. Samuel provides an update on the COVID-19 vaccine in Chesterfield County on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. (updated Jan. 14, 2021)