Looking for COVID-19 Vaccine Information?
Visit the VDH COVID-19 Vaccination Response webpage for more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine in Virginia. Visit the COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Information webpage for the latest information regarding available COVID-19 testing and vaccinations for Chesterfield residents and businesses.
For more information regarding registering to receive the COVID-19 vaccination, please contact Chesterfield Health District's COVID-19 Call Center for assistance:
- Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.: 804-318-8207
- After hours and weekends: 877-275-8343
- Email: Chesterfield Health District
Please Note: High Call Volume
Please know that health department staff are working hard to meet the demand. Due to the high volume of calls to the COVID-19 Call Center, wait times are longer than normal. We appreciate your patience.
Also, due to challenges with the vaccine supply chain in the United States, vaccine distribution across the Commonwealth has been significantly reduced. Therefore, please expect wait times of days to weeks between when you sign up to be vaccinated and when you are contacted for an appointment.
COVID-19 Vaccines: Roles of VDH Chesterfield Health District and Chesterfield County Government
VDH Chesterfield Health District
- A state entity and division of the Virginia Department of Health (VDH)
- The Chesterfield Health District includes Chesterfield County, Powhatan County and the City of Colonial Heights
- Responsible for following the vaccination priority phases set by VDH
- Responsible for ordering, distributing and administering the vaccine to eligible individuals within the district, except hospital systems and long-term care facilities, according to priority phases set by VDH
- Coordinates the distribution of the vaccine to other organizations and businesses for administering
- The general public—individuals not included in initial priority phases—will be offered the COVID-19 vaccine when it is more widely available
- Led by Health District Director Dr. Alexander Samuel, MD, MPH
Chesterfield County Government
- Receives COVID-19 vaccines from the VDH Chesterfield Health District to be given ONLY to eligible employees of Chesterfield County Government and Chesterfield County Public Schools according to the phases set by VDH
- Assists VDH and Chesterfield Health District in sharing COVID-19-related information to Chesterfield County employees, residents and business owners
- Administers Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act and any future funding, as directed by the federal government
- Led by the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors and County Administrator Dr. Joe Casey
Trusted Sources for COVID-19 Information
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) have many resources available for citizens to learn more about the novel coronavirus known as COVID-19. Please visit these main sites for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH Main COVID-19 Site
- VDH - COVID-19 Vaccination Response
- VDH - When Can I Get Vaccinated? Tool
- CDC - V-safe After Vaccination Health Checker
- VDH - COVIDCheck
- VDH - COVIDWISE
- VDH - Free Chesterfield COVID-19 Testing Locations
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Information
- VDH COVID-19 Testing Sites Map
- Virginia Department for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (VDDHH) COVID-19 Resources
- VDH COVID-19 Daily Dashboard (For Chesterfield-specific data, visit the Locality Dashboard and scroll to Chesterfield Health District.)
- CDC COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
- Chesterfield County COVID-19 Videos (YouTube Channel Playlist)
For addition Chesterfield-related COVID-19 information, view the County Response to COVID-19 webpage.
Chesterfield Health District: Director’s COVID-19 Updates
In this video, Dr. Samuel provides an update on the COVID-19 vaccine in Chesterfield County on Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021. (updated Jan. 14, 2021)
Protecting the Community Health
The Health Department is where the state and the locality come together in a common effort to protect the health of all residents. Our goal is to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to be healthy.
About the Chesterfield Health District
The Chesterfield Health District is composed of three local health departments: Chesterfield County, Powhatan County and the City of Colonial Heights. As a state agency:
- Each local health department operates in a cooperative relationship with the city or county that it serves.
- Each of the 35 health districts in network delivers public health services across the state.
- Each health district is composed of multiple local health departments operating under the auspices of the Virginia Department of Health.
Public health encompasses many things, such as:
- Assuring the quality and accessibility of health services
- Preventing epidemics and the spread of disease
- Preventing injuries
- Promoting and encouraging healthy behaviors
- Protecting against environmental hazards
Information about Chesterfield Health Department services is available from the Virginia Department of Health website.
"To protect, preserve and promote optimum health for the community through excellence in public health service."
"To be the leader in public health through innovative and cost effective strategies to preserve the health and well being of the community - the standards by which others measure their success - first in health."