Construction, Developers and Commercial Customers

Construction and Development Needs

The Utilities Department works in conjunction with Chesterfield Building Inspection, Community Enhancement, Environmental Engineering, Planning and Real Property Office regarding construction and development needs. 

View the New Construction Services Connection Request Form (PDF).

View the Water Meter Sizing Form (PDF) or Water Meter Sizing Form (XLSX).

Apply within the Enterprise Land Management (ELM) Citizen Access Portal

Using the Community Development Enterprise Land Management (ELM) citizen access portal, customers can:

Prior to registering within ELM, if you are unsure whether a piece of property has public water or wastewater service available, please call 804-748-1864 for assistance. Learn more about ELM.

Call 811 (Miss Utility of Virginia) Before You Dig

Prior to any excavation, state law requires those digging to telephone Miss Utility of Virginia at 811 or 800-552-7001. The location of underground utilities can be marked to prevent damages to utility lines and disruption of services to our customers.

Utilities Developer Checklist and Contract Revision

The Developers Checklist for Utilities Construction and the Information Required for Utilities Contract (PDF) has been revised and should be utilized immediately for all construction projects which include public utility installations.

For question or concerns, contact Utilities via email or by calling 804-751-4440.