The Chesterfield County Utilities Department is a public water and wastewater utility that uses state-of-the-art technology to deliver the highest quality service to its customers. Read more about us.
Notice: Online Payments and Paperless E-Bill Changes
As part of the Chesterfield County Utilities Department’s commitment to customer service, we are pleased to announce a new online and telephone payment system called Paymentus coming online this spring. This system offers new payment options while still continuing to provide access to your account information. All customers currently receiving e-bills must re-register in Paymentus, when the system is available in the spring, to continue receiving e-bills. Current e-bill customers who do not re-register will receive paper bills. Additional notifications will be posted closer to the launch of Paymentus.
Residential Customers, Homeowners & Tenants
Commercial Customers & Developers
- Water and Wastewater Specifications
- Industrial Pretreatment Program
- Product and Design Review
- New Construction Services Connection (PDF)
- Water Meter Sizing (PDF)
- Cross-Connection and Backflow
- New Construction in Existing Commercial Buildings
- Obtain a Utilities Plan Approval
- Water and Wastewater Facilities Plan (PDF)
Drinking Water & Water Sources
Chesterfield County is fortunate to have three sources of drinking water: Swift Creek Reservoir, Lake Chesdin (Appomattox River Water Authority), and the James River.