The Chesterfield County Utilities Department is a public water and wastewater utility that uses state-of-the-art technology to deliver the highest quality service to its customers. Read more about us.
Residential Customers, Homeowners & Tenants
Commercial Customers & Developers
- Water and Wastewater Specifications
- Industrial Pretreatment Program
- Product and Design Review
- New Construction Services Connection (PDF)
- Water Meter Sizing (PDF)
- Cross-Connection and Backflow
- New Construction in Existing Commercial Buildings
- Obtain a Utilities Plan Approval
- Water and Wastewater Facilities Plan (PDF)
Drinking Water & Water Sources
Chesterfield County is fortunate to have three sources of drinking water: Swift Creek Reservoir, Lake Chesdin (Appomattox River Water Authority), and the James River.