The Chesterfield County Utilities Department is a public water and wastewater utility that uses state-of-the-art technology to deliver the highest quality service to its customers. Read more about us.
Chesterfield County Utilities Department uses Paymentus for online and telephone payments (1-844-449-7664). The Paymentus online service provides a Customer Portal and offers several payment options for our customers. No service fees apply to credit cards or e-check payments. Please visit the portal for general information and instructions on making one-time payments, registering to make recurring payments and accessing your customer information, and contacting customer support.
Residential Customers, Homeowners & Tenants
- Pay My Bill Online
- Receive Paperless E-bills by registering in the Customer Portal
- Payment Methods and Past-Due Payments
- Moving in or Moving out
- High Usage and Leaks
- Calculate Your Water and Wastewater Bills (PDF)
- Companion Meter for Irrigation (PDF)
- Tips for Healthy Lawns
- Help Relatives and Elders with Their Accounts (PDF)
- Prevent Sewer Backups (PDF)
- Prevent Frozen Pipes (PDF)
Commercial Customers & Developers
Drinking Water & Water Sources
Chesterfield County is fortunate to have three sources of drinking water: Swift Creek Reservoir, Lake Chesdin (Appomattox River Water Authority), and the James River.