Warning signs of an abusive relationship could be:
- Their partner puts them down in front of other people.
- They are constantly worried about making their partner angry, ‘walking on eggshells’.
- They make excuses for their partner’s behavior.
- Their partner is extremely jealous or possessive.
- They have unexplained marks or injuries.
- They’ve stopped communicating with friends and family.
- They are depressed or anxious, or you notice changes in their personality.
It can be difficult to know what to do when you suspect a loved one is being abused. Remember, abuse is about power and control.