- Business License: Business activity within the County may require a Chesterfield Business License, calculated upon gross receipts.
- Forms & Applications: View, download, and print (and "fill-in" some cases), Commercial and Residential forms and applications.
- Fee Schedules: View and download Commercial, Multi-Family, and Residential fee schedules.
- Walk-thru Permit Process: Certain types of Commercial and Residential applications can obtain a permit during a single visit.
- Holiday Schedule: Office closures and how to schedule your inspection on the right day.
- Online Permit and Inspection Services: Use your computer to obtain permit status, inspection scheduling and inspection/plan review results.
- Inspection Scheduling by Phone: "CONNECT" interactive voice response system (IVR) allows customers to schedule, cancel, or reschedule inspections and obtain inspection results by phone. Print CONNECT Instructions (PDF) and codes needed to access these IVR services.
- Permit Data & Monthly Activity Reports: View weekly and monthly permits issued and monthly permit activity reports.
- Report of Commercial & Residential Permits Issued: Obtain a lists of permits issued for a particular day by Chesterfield County Department of Building Inspection based on your search criteria.
- Property Maintenance: Property maintenance issues arise, and Building Inspection wants to help you recognize a property maintenance hazard when you see one.
- Board of Building Code Appeals (PDF) is responsible for considering appeals by affected individuals, who believe they have been or will be adversely affected by a decision made by Chesterfield County, Virginia, Department of Building Inspection.
- Geographic Information Services provides accurate, up-to-date traditional paper mapping products as well as digital data.
- Feedback: We like hearing from our customers! If you have suggestions on how to improve our website, please let us know by emailing Website Editor.
New Navigation Pattern on Our Website
Chesterfield County's website redesign may be confusing at first, but this system upgrade allows us to expand online services such as electronic applications, electronic plan review, and on-line payments for Building Inspection, once all the pieces are in place. If you bookmarked your favorite Building Inspection pages on the old website by placing a shortcut on your desktop, you may want to replace them, marking information most important to you.
As always, we intend to improve our services and your access to information. We will be revising our pages as requests for improvement take place. If you have suggestions of your own, please email feedback to BI Website Editor.