Apply Online Using the Enterprise Land Management (ELM) Portal
The Enterprise Land Management (ELM) citizen access portal assists in completing functions across Community Development departments for planning, zoning and development, permitting and inspections, utility connections and code enforcement. Learn more about the ELM portal.
By submitting projects online, users can track progress and request inspections. Most documents can be submitted as PDF documents. Customers may apply through mail, courier or fax.
- Community Development ELM Portal: Apply, pay fees, request inspections, print and reprint permits and plans, receipts, and Certificates of Occupancy.
- Forms & Applications: View, download, and print, Commercial and Residential forms and applications.
- Fee Schedules: View and download fee schedules.
- Commercial Fee Calculator: Calculate your permit fee.
- Holiday Schedule: Office closures and how to schedule your inspection on the right day.
- Inspection Scheduling by Phone: Interactive voice response system (IVR) allows customers to schedule, cancel, or reschedule inspections and obtain inspection results by phone.
- Permit Data & Monthly Activity Reports: View weekly and monthly permits issued and monthly permit activity reports.
- Report of Commercial & Residential Permits Issued: Obtain a lists of permits issued for a particular day by Chesterfield County Department of Building Inspection based on your search criteria.