Posted on May 12, 2021To apply for a limited duration campaign sign permit, visit the Chesterfield County Community Development Division Enterprise Land Management (ELM) Citizen Access Portal. Read on...
Customer Service Center Open to Public
The Community Development Customer Service Center, located on the first floor of the Community Development Building, is open to the public. Customer Service Center staff will be available to assist walk-in customers. The Customer Service Center is staffed by Building Inspection, Planning and Citizens Information and Resources department employees. We are not offering walk-thru permit processing at this time. Community Development Building staff outside of the customer service center area are available by appointment. COVID-19 precautions in county buildings are based on current CDC and Virginia guidelines.
The Community Development building is located at 9800 Government Center Parkway and the Customer Service Center is open 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. The following departments are in the Community Development Building: Building Inspection, Community Enhancement, Environmental Engineering, Planning, Transportation and Citizens Information and Resources.
- Community Development ELM Portal: Apply, pay fees, request inspections, print and reprint permits and plans, receipts, and Certificates of Occupancy.
- Forms & Applications: View, download, and print, Commercial and Residential forms and applications.
- Fee Schedules: View and download fee schedules.
- Commercial Fee Calculator: Calculate your permit fee.
- Holiday Schedule: Office closures and how to schedule your inspection on the right day.
- Inspection Scheduling by Phone: Interactive voice response system (IVR) allows customers to schedule, cancel, or reschedule inspections and obtain inspection results by phone.
- Permit Data & Monthly Activity Reports: View weekly and monthly permits issued and monthly permit activity reports.
- Report of Commercial & Residential Permits Issued: Obtain a lists of permits issued for a particular day by Chesterfield County Department of Building Inspection based on your search criteria.