Youth Services provides resource information for county youths and families and leads collaborative initiatives that engage the community in promoting the safety, well-being and success of Chesterfield County youths. Youth Services:
- connects youths, families and youth-serving professionals to community data and resource information, such as the Youth and Family Indicators Report (PDF)
- convenes teams of stakeholders to support cooperation and community involvement in focusing on youth-related issues
- gathers citizen input through community forums, community survey data and through the Youth Services Citizen Board (YSCB)
- provides parenting education and prevention programs information and family and teen resources
- recognizes the accomplishments and the community service of youth through the Future Community Leader Certificate (FCLC) and Chesterfield Community Champions (CCC)
Youth Services actively pursues partnerships with community organizations to meet youth needs, including:
- Chesterfield Communities In Schools
- Coalition for Active Children (COACH)
- Cooperative Extension Leadership Council
- Model County Government Program
- Partnership for Youth
- Positive Parenting Coalition
- SAFE (Substance Abuse Free Environment), Inc.
- School Readiness Coalition
- United Way Services Community Building Committee
Youth and Family Indicators Report
The Youth and Family Indicators Report (PDF) presents statistics relating to the status of youths and families in Chesterfield County, focusing on areas of community, family and school environments. It highlights the status of children and families in Chesterfield County for greater community awareness and help identify trends. Charts are included with the data to provide quick visual representations of the trends.
Both the private and public sectors are encouraged to use this information to develop programs that prevent or reduce unwanted outcomes for Chesterfield County children and youths and to help determine priorities for action.