Aging & Disability Services
We want to thank all of our Senior Home Services volunteers for the dedication of their time and efforts for the First Quarter - 2020 Read on...
Chesterfield County Mobility Services announces that starting June 1, Dependacare Transportation will be the service provider for Access Chesterfield (shared-ride voucher) service. Read on...
About Aging & Disability Services
The Office of Aging & Disability Services, created in May 2003, is Chesterfield County’s leading resource for older adults and individuals with physical and sensory disabilities. The office serves residents of ages 50 and older, family members, and caregivers.
Chesterfield County recognizes that older adults offer a wealth of knowledge and experience and want to live active, independent lives.
What We Do
Aging and Disability Services does the following:
- Serve older adults who want to remain active, independent and vital contributors to their communities
- Provide information and referrals to services and resources relating to issues of aging, caregiving, and physical or sensory disabilities
- Give referrals to volunteer and employment opportunities, many volunteer opportunities are available with the office
- Promote and coordinate services for older adults and their caregivers through regular meetings with county Human Services departments, not-for-profit organizations and private businesses
- Provide information and resources to grandparents and other kin raising a child
- Act as a spokesperson for older adults and their caregivers