Chesterfield’s Access On Demand, GRTC to Cover Fee for Rides to COVID-19 Vaccine Appointments for ChChesterfield County & GRTC want to ensure the transportation is not a barrier to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine. If a resident has an appointment to get the vaccine, but doesn’t have a way to get there, please call Mobility Services at 804-706-2796. Read on...
Mobility Services offices remain closed to the public. We continue to process all registrations through the mail, fax or email. Mobility Services staff will process all registrations daily and mail them out immediately. If you need assistance with registering, please email us.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) issued an Order on January 29, 2021 requiring the wearing of masks by travelers to prevent spread of the virus that causes COVID-19. Transportation operators must also require all passengers to wear masks when boarding, disembarking, and for the duration of the travel.
This Order must be followed by all passengers on public transportation (e.g., airplanes, ships, ferries, trains, subway, buses, taxis, ride-shares) traveling into, within, or out of the Untied States as well as transportation operators (e.g., crew, drivers, conductors, and other works involved in the operation of transportation)
People must wear masks that cover both the mouth and nose when awaiting, boarding, traveling on, or disembarking public transportation.
- A child under the age of 2 years;
- A person with a disability who cannot wear a mask, or cannot safely wear a mask, because of the disability as denied by the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- While communicating with a person who is hearing impaired when the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
Persons who are experiencing difficulty breathing or shortness of breath or are feeling winded may remove the mask temporarily until able to resume normal breathing with the mask. Persons who are vomiting should remove the mask until vomiting ceases. Persons with acute illness may remove the mask if it interferes with necessary medical care such as supplemental oxygen administered via an oxygen mask.
Mobility Services is focused on improving existing transportation options and coordinating a community-wide transportation service network comprised of the transportation providers to meet our community needs. Persons in need may include older adults, people with disabilities, and low-income individuals without personal vehicles.
To Qualify for Services
- Must be a Chesterfield County Resident
- Must meet one of the three eligibility requirements
- Be age 60 or older
- Have a disability (temporary or permanent)
- Live in a low-income household
- Must register with Mobility Services
Registration is free, quick, and easy.
- Register online by completing the online Registration Form (PDF).
- Complete, print, and mail the form to the address on the bottom of the form.
- Include the required supporting documents
- Request a registration form by mail.
- Call us at 804-706-2796
- Email Mobility Services
Registrations will only be accepted through the mail; scanned and emailed; or by fax. Once you register, you will receive your Mobility Services ID card, an Access On Demand Riders Guide (PDF) and an Access Chesterfield Riders Guide (PDF). The Riders Guides will have all the information you need to start using services.