To prepay online
You can use the link below and follow the instructions given on the website:
To prepay in person
If you decide to prepay your traffic ticket in person, you may pay by
- Check or money order made payable to Chesterfield County General District Court
You may prepay your ticket in person up to the day before your court date by 4 p.m. Bring your summons with you.
NOTE: There is a 4% fee for credit card payments.
To prepay by mail
If you decide to prepay your traffic ticket by mail, you will need to send
- traffic ticket (signed that you are waiving your court appearance)
- check or money order made payable to the Chesterfield County General District Court
- a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your payment, if you wish to be mailed a receipt.
You can prepay by mail up to eight (8) days before your court date.
NOTE: Your payment is effective only on the date received by the clerk's office, not the date you mailed it. You assume the risk in using the mail for delivery.
For a listing of prepayable traffic offenses go to www.courts.state.va.us.
Set up a payment plan for my fines and costs
Fines less than 40 days old
Payment plans may be set up at the Clerk’s Office.
Fines more than 40 days old
Payment arrangements may be set up with the Department of Taxation's Court Debt Collection Office.
Driver’s license reinstatement
Your license is suspended, and you are entering a payment plan to have it reinstated.
- The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) automatically receives payment information within 48 hours (two days)
- You do not need to come to the Court for a reinstatement (DC-30) form
- You can go directly to any DMV in Virginia.
Virginia Courts payment plan policies are subject to change annually on July 1.