Coaches Background Check
Background Check Policy Co-Sponsored Youth Organizations
Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors approved the National Background Check for those individuals associated with co-sponsored youth leagues (i.e. coaches, board members, etc). All new coaches will be required to go through the new background check process, which includes fingerprinting. All approved individuals will be sent a national background check card with an expiration date of three years. Current background check cardholders may be selected for random background checks.
View our Frequently Asked Questions about the Co-Sponsored Coaching Background Process (PDF) for more information.
Approved Background Check Cardholders
View the list of Approved Background Check Cardholders. This list contains an alphabetical list with card expiration dates of coaching cardholders that have completed the background check process and have been approved to coach in Chesterfield County.
Background Check Fingerprinting Processing
These sessions are available for Chesterfield co-sponsored coaches, Fire/EMS volunteers and Chesterfield/Colonial Heights Social Services applicants. Background fingerprinting processing dates and times listed below are the only times and location where this service is provided.
- Wednesday, April 13, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, April 16, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 27, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 7, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 18, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, May 21, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 25, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 8, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, June 11, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 29, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 6, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 16, 8-11 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 20, 5-7 p.m.
- Saturday, July 30, 8-11 a.m.
Please consult the Guidelines for Coach Background Check Fingerprinting (PDF) before attending. Individuals are requested to show a picture identification at the time of fingerprinting. Face coverings are required. Police Release of Information Form (PDF) will be required and should be completed in advance.
Background Check Policy
- Felony violation relating to drug distribution is now a barrier crime
- Felony violation of drug possession has changed from within 5 years to 8 years