Driver's License Ceremony
THE MARCH 30, 2020 DRIVER’S LICENSE CEREMONY IS CANCELLED.
If your young adult’s temporary license/permit will expire prior to May 1, 2020, please contact Jill Bryant to obtain information about an alternative ceremony. We will attempt to accommodate you by holding a much smaller ceremony at the Courthouse. Apologies in advance, but only one parent or guardian should attend with each young adult receiving a license. Again, this accommodation is only for those young adults with a temporary license/permit that will expire prior to May 1, 2020.
Please contact the Court ONLY by email. The recent increase in calls to the Court necessitates the use of email in order to respond in a timely fashion.
- Under Virginia law, all persons under the age of 18 must attend a juvenile driver’s license ceremony presided over by a J&DR Judge.
- These ceremonies are considered court proceedings, so the dress code is strictly enforced.
- A parent or legal guardian MUST accompany his/her young adult to the ceremony.
Fulghum Conference Center (located at the Chesterfield Technical Center (CTC @ Hull))
13900 Hull Street Road
Midlothian, VA 23112
(The old Clover Hill High School)
*Please park in the designated parking area located in the back of the Technical Center and enter through Door 20.
- You will receive an invitation to your ceremony via U.S. mail several weeks before your scheduled ceremony.
- Arrive promptly at 6:30PM in order to surrender your Temporary Driver’s License and Learner’s Permit, and to receive further instruction prior to the commencement of the ceremony.
- If you have any questions regarding this process, please contact Jill Bryant at 804-751-4115 or by email.
Read Virginia law requiring attendance at a juvenile’s driver’s license ceremony (Virginia Code § 46.2-336).