Audit and Finance Committee
About the Committee
The Audit and Finance Committee assists the Board of Supervisors in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities for budgeting, financial reporting, internal control systems, and audit processes (internal and external). Included in this committee are focus areas of capital projects, technology and employee benefit strategies. Example of agenda topics include:
- Capital Projects and Five-Year Plan Update
- Citizens Budget Advisory Committee Update
- Closed session with elected officials to provide feedback for performance review of Internal Audit Director
- Draft Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Employee Benefits Update
- External Audit Contract Renewal-Selection
- External Audit Post-Audit Overview
- External Auditor Pre-audit Overview
- Financial Policies Update
- Fund Balance and Debt Policy Compliance Projections
- Internal Audit Annual Report
- Internal Audit Reports
- Investment Income and Tax Collection Update
- Next Fiscal Year Budget Process
- Periodic Year-End Financial Projections
- Preliminary Year-End Financial Results
- Proposed Internal Audit Plan
- Technology Systems Update
The Committee will communicate activities of the committee to other Board of Supervisors members, including the posting of agenda, reports, presentations and notes on the website for engagement with interested parties and transparency of meeting; as applicable and under State Code provisions.
- Meets periodically throughout the year as deemed necessary by the Committee.
- Lane B. Ramsey Administration Building
9901 Lori Road
Chesterfield VA 23832
Unless otherwise posted
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Term of Service- Serves at the pleasure of the Chairman.
- Members: This committee has two members of the Board of Supervisors, appointed by Chairman.
- Chris Winslow
- Jim Holland
- Supporting staff
- Khara Durden, Internal Audit Director
- Matt Harris, Deputy County Administrator
- Joseph Casey, County Administrator
- Gerard Durkin, Acting Budget and Management Director
- Mary Martin Selby, Human Resources Director