Community Support Meetings
Each week, everyone in the Drug Court program must:
- Attend two community support meetings - Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), Narcotics Anonymous (NA), Cocaine Anonymous (CA), etc.;
- Complete the Community Support Meeting Verification Form (PDF).
Your community support meetings and forms are due in court each Wednesday that you are scheduled to come to court.
If you forget your community support meetings or fail to attend meetings, you will receive the following consequences:
First and Second Offense
You will be warned from the bench that you must make up any missed community support meetings as well as completing any new meetings required on your designated court date.
So, for example, if you normally do two community support meetings a week and you only turned in one this week, you will owe three meetings by the next Wednesday - two meetings to account for the meetings you normally do for the week and one to make up for what you did not do the week before.
If you do not come to court every week, all of the community support meetings you normally do plus all of your make-up meetings are due the next Wednesday you appear in court.
Note: None of the community support meetings you turn in as make-up meetings or new meetings can be the old meetings you forgot to turn in or meetings that predate the last time you were in court. These all must be new meetings you complete.
Any community support meetings you fail to turn in from the third offense on will result in a jail sanction.
- Third Offense - One day in jail, plus make-up community support meetings.
- Fourth Offense - Two days in jail, plus make-up community support meetings.
- Fifth Offense - Three days in jail, plus make-up community support meetings.
- Sixth Offense - Four days in jail, plus make-up community support meetings.
- And so on.