Juror Questionnaire Information
The process includes
- mailing annually approximately 14,000 juror questionnaires to randomly selected Chesterfield County residents
- reviewing responses by Jury Commissioners appointed by the Chief Judge and the processing of the Commissioners’ decisions
- creating a list of citizens qualified to serve petit (trial) jury duty
Petit (Trial) Jury Summons Information
Location and Reporting Instructions
- Petit (trial) jurors - report to the Jury Assembly Room, 2nd floor of the main Courts Building
- Jurors are prohibited from entering the courthouse with
- Cell phones
- Smart watches
- Laptops and other electronic devices
WARNING: Be Aware of Jury Scams
If you were summoned for jury service and failed to appear, you may be contacted by the court. If this happens, a judge may summon you to appear before the court for an explanation as to why you missed jury service.
However, police and court officials will never ask for payment, a credit card, money card or social security number for failure to appear for jury duty over the phone or by email.
Report suspicious activity immediately to local law enforcement - Chesterfield County Police Investigations Unit: 804-748-1268