Proposed Amendment to the PY19/FY20 Annual Action Plan to Incorporate CDBG-CV (Coronavirus) Funding
On March 27, 2020, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), Public Law 116-136, was signed, providing $5 billion for CDBG to rapidly respond to COVID-19 and the economic and housing impacts caused by this unprecedented crisis. Chesterfield County will receive $861,295 in Community Development Block Grant – Coronavirus (CDBG–CV) funding for activities that will prepare, prevent and respond to the coronavirus.
A substantial amendment to Chesterfield’s PY19/FY20 Annual Action Plan is being proposed to incorporate the CDBG-CV funds allocated to the county through the CARES Act.
The amendment will be considered by the Chesterfield County Board of Supervisors at its May 27, 2020 meeting beginning at 6:00 p.m. Board of Supervisor meetings are broadcast live via WCCT Live Stream.
For more information, please view substantial amendment and the proposed CDBG-CV funding allocations.
Persons desiring to comment should provide written comments to the Chesterfield County Department of Community Enhancement, P.O. Box 40, Chesterfield, VA 23832 or via email. For more information contact Jessica Russo at 804-751-2368.
Additional CDBG-CV Information
- Chesterfield CDBG-CV Funding Award Letter
- Availability of Waivers of Community Planning and Development (CPD) Grant Program and Consolidated Plan Requirements to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 and Mitigate Economic Impacts Caused by COVID-19, March 31, 2020
- CARES Act Flexibilities for CDBG Funds Used to Support Coronovirus Response and Plan Amendment Waiver, April 9, 2020
The Community Development Block Grant aims to:
- Benefit low / moderate income persons
- Eliminate slums / blight
- Provide for urgent needs or recent origin
- Provide affordable and safe housing in Chesterfield
Return to the Community Enhancement homepage.
Grants are made on a competitive basis and only for qualified organizations.
The County of Chesterfield is conducting a Fair Housing Study to analyze the impediments to fair housing within the Chesterfield community.
Public Documents and Plans
This is a federally funded grant program that was created to protect children and expectant mothers from the harmful toxins of lead-based paint.