Access to Key Multicultural Resources
Chesterfield County welcomes those from other communities and countries who decide to make this their new home. Multicultural Engagement provides access to resources, key information and a variety of engagement opportunities to the county’s diverse growing population.
Recognizing and embracing our residents’ similarities and differences enriches our community, reflecting Chesterfield County’s commitment to providing a First Choice community through excellence in public service. Whether you are new to the county or a long-time resident, we hope to provide you the resources necessary to improve your experiences and help you thrive.
Find the Proper Referral
When help is needed beyond the county’s services, we are able to provide referral information. Referrals include how to obtain health care, legal advice, food assistance, and places to learn more about sports, education and culture.
Chesterfield County is committed to having residents and partner organizations who recognize, accept and respect the many differences in the community they serve. We offer consultations to help inform your outreach and engagement strategies when working with our diverse community.
Community Events, Festivals and Fairs
Multicultural Engagement supports, plans and attends community activities and events to share information and interact with residents. Festivals, job and health fairs, mobile consulates, celebrations and immigration events are some of the year-round activities the liaison attends.
English as a Second Language (ESL)
Come join the Chesterfield County Public Schools (CCPS) adult learning community! In these English as a second language (ESL) classes, students will improve English reading, writing, listening and speaking abilities. Students will learn about American culture, workforce and educational systems while improving their computer literacy skills. For more information, call 804-768-6140.
Local Refugee and Resettlement Agencies
Regional and Local Multicultural Organizations
- Asian American Society of Central Virginia
- Asian and Latinos Solidarity Alliance
- Central Virginia Chinese School
- Cultural Center of India
- Diversity Richmond
- Filipino American Association of Central Virginia
- Hindu Center of Virginia
- India Association of Virginia
- La Casa de la Salud
- Latinos In Virginia Empowerment Center
- Manchester YMCA Welcome Center
- Organization of Chinese Americans
- ReEstablish Richmond
- Richmond Vietnamese Association
- Sacred Heart Center
- Virginia Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Virginia Hispanic Chamber
- Waymakers Foundation
- Virginia African American Advisory Board
- Virginia Asian Advisory Board
- Virginia Department of Social Services – Immigrant Services
- Virginia Department of Social Services - Office of New Americans
- Virginia Department of Social Services - Office of New Americans - Support for Afghan Arrivals
- Virginia Latino Advisory Board