Improve Your Community
The Department of Community Enhancement connects the county and our community partners to achieve effective revitalization. Older communities and commercial areas face normal challenges that come with age. These areas need continued maintenance and reinvestment. Revitalization helps maintain the vitality and high quality of life of our older communities countywide.
- Current Revitalization Initiatives
- Strengthen Your Community
- Great Ideas
- Better Development
- Best Practices to Bring New Life to Your Neighborhood Association (PDF)
- Community Information - Information about county demographic, residential, economic and business trends
- Community Revitalization Toolkit (PDF) - Create and maintain successful community organizations
- Crime Prevention - Neighborhood and business watch programs; crime prevention education
- Home Modernization Guide - Bring new life to your older home
- Report a Building Code Violation - How to file a complaint for building code violations
- Report a Property Maintenance or Zoning Code Violation - Online complaint form for property maintenance code violations
- Small Business Assistance - Economic Development programs and services
- Streetlight Installation in Existing Neighborhoods (PDF)
- Planning for Revitalization: Community Enhancement staff participate in the Comprehensive Plan and Special Area Plan process, particular focusing on strategies and initiatives to help bring new life to aging communities countywide.
- Zoning Review: Community Enhancement staff participate in the zoning application review process, to encourage new development and redevelopment that represents a significant improvement in areas needing revitalization.
- Site Selection: Community Enhancement staff participate in the site selection review process for new and renovated county public facilities, such as schools, fire stations, and libraries. This review seeks to promote reinvestment in aging communities.
Estimate Your Benefit
Actual savings will be based on the increased assessed value of the improvement, and will be field verified by the Real Estate Assessor after construction is completed.