Attention Community Enhancement Customers
All messages will be returned by the end of the next business day.
- Some Court Cases are being continued by the courts, General District Court will notify you of your new court date. Please visit the Courts Response page for additional information
- If you need to know the amount of taxes owed to obtain your county license, please contact the Treasurer at 804-748-1201. Please visit the Treasurers’ website for more information.
- Inspections will continue to be performed
- Code Enforcement complaints can still be submitted online.
Department of Community Enhancement Mission Statement
Improve the value, quality and attractiveness of Chesterfield County.
The department is focused on four broad areas:
- Strategic code enforcement
- Targeted investment
- Research and development
Our goal is to improve the value, quality, desirability and attractiveness of the county’s neighborhoods and business commercial corridors through partnerships and coordination of public and private partnerships. We bring together dedicated professionals with a wide range of expertise in the following areas:
- Code enforcement
- Property maintenance
- Business license and county vehicle registration enforcement
- Community Development Block Grant
- Real estate, housing and revitalization
- Keep Chesterfield Beautiful
Chesterfield Community Enhancement Wants Your Opinion on Fair Access to Housing in Chesterfield
Chesterfield County has joined with Henrico County, Chesterfield County, Colonial Heights, Hopewell, Petersburg, and Richmond to examine barriers to housing choice and economic opportunity.
This joint study represents a commitment by Chesterfield County to take meaningful actions to promote fair housing choice, foster inclusive communities, and ensure that housing markets are free from discrimination.
This week we are launching a survey in Spanish and English of residents. This survey will identify residents’ most acute housing needs and barriers to housing choice.
The survey takes about 10 minutes to complete, can be done on a smartphone or tablet, or by phone. Participants will be entered into a drawing for a $100 Visa gift card at the end of the survey! Please take the survey below before August 31, 2020.
For more information about the study contact Jessica Russo at 804-751-2368 or email
Do your duty to keep your grounds clean. Read on...
On October 22, 2019, SOAR 365 hosted the grand opening of the newly constructed M.H. “Bud” Reinhart Center at Camp Baker. Read on...
The Landlord/Tenant brochure was developed to provide basic information for both parties to achieve an enjoyable rental experience. Read on...
Community Enhancement’s Streetlight Program was developed to fund streetlight improvements as part of the department’s community cleanup activities. Read on...
Five months after receiving $500,000 of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding form Chesterfield, the Land Trust has closed on the acquisition of its first residential property in the county. Read on...
The Department of Community Enhancement annually allocates federal grant funding to a nonprofit organization, project: HOMES, for home repairs to income-eligible homeowners in Chesterfield. Read on...