State Income Tax
The Office of the Commissioner of the Revenue ("Commissioner") is responsible for receiving and processing all Virginia state income tax returns and initial estimated tax payments for Chesterfield County residents.
If you are a resident of the Chesterfield County and have a completed copy of your Federal Income Tax return, you may have your Virginia State Income Tax return prepared and processed in the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office at no charge. You will need to provide a copy of your completed Federal tax return, a valid ID and all forms used to prepare it. (W2s, 1099s etc.)
Virginia State Income Tax returns are due to be filed on or before May 1 of each year. The Virginia Estimated Income Tax Voucher 1 is also due on May 1 of each year.
Our office provides Virginia tax forms, booklets and envelopes by mail or you may pick them up in person. Forms and instructions may also be obtained online at the Virginia Tax link below.
You may contact our office at 804-748-1281 or email us if you need further assistance.
The following Internet sites are also available to assist you in obtaining forms
- To whom do I make my check out and where do I mail my tax return?
- When are the taxes and estimated payments due?
- Where can I get some assistance with the preparation of my state return?
- When can I expect my refund?
- How do I change my address after I have filed my return?
- Where can taxpayers get free assistance for federal tax preparation?
- What is the telephone number for the Department of Taxation in Richmond?
- Whom do I call if my refund check is incorrect?
- Can I pay state income tax by credit card?