The James River Advisory Council provides a forum for the diverse interests along the James River in Central Virginia and engages the public about issues and challenges facing the river. JRAC’s vision is a healthy, beautiful, economically vital and accessible James River that is cared for by a diverse and engaged community that acts on its behalf.
JRAC’s membership includes representatives from:
- Businesses and industry
- Civic organizations and nonprofits
- Interested individuals
- Local, state and federal government
JRAC sponsors several signature events, including:
- James River Days April through October
- James River Parade of Lights in December
- James River Regional Clean Up and James River Week in September
- Stewards of the River Awards in April
By leading discussions about the river, and hosting regional events and programs, the council sets the tone for positive and interactive relationships among partners throughout the region. Meetings are quarterly on the 4th Thursday of the month (January, April, July, October) at various locations in the metropolitan Richmond area at 8:30 a.m., unless otherwise specified.