The county administrator:
- Leads the operations of the county government to meet the needs of the citizens of Chesterfield County
- Advises members of the Board of Supervisors, recommends policies, and sets priorities for consideration by the Board of the Supervisors concerning the provision of programs and services that provide the highest quality of life to county citizens
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and ordinances as well as maintains open communication with various sectors of the community such as the legislative delegation, business community, area governments, and county residents
Our Mission & Vision
- To provide a FIRST CHOICE community through excellence in public service.
- To be an extraordinary and innovative community in which to live, learn, work and play.
Chesterfield County's Guiding Principles
- Demonstrating excellence in public service with a commitment to fiscal stewardship and efficient use of resources.
- Partnering with the community to provide safe and secure surroundings through prevention, readiness and professional response.
- Fostering a vibrant economy that provides quality jobs, enhances economic opportunities and ensures business diversity.
- Promoting healthy, active lifestyles while fostering self-sufficiency and quality of life.
- Supporting a range of learning opportunities that sustains quality of life, employment and well-being.
- Enriching quality of life, enhancing community attractiveness and preserving natural resources.
Priorities and Accomplishments
Interested to know more about what the county is planning for the future? The current FY22 Priorities provide strategic direction set by the County Administrator as to what's expected to be in progress or completed over the next year. Additionally, prior year accomplishments are published for review.