The county administrator:
- Leads the operations of the county government to meet the needs of the citizens of Chesterfield County
- Advises members of the Board of Supervisors, recommends policies, and sets priorities for consideration by the Board of the Supervisors concerning the provision of programs and services that provide the highest quality of life to county citizens
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws and ordinances as well as maintains open communication with various sectors of the community such as the legislative delegation, business community, area governments, and county residents
Our Mission & Vision
- Always be worthy of the public’s trust in our leadership.
- Providing excellent leadership to assure the highest quality of life for our citizens.
Chesterfield County's Guiding Principles
- Chesterfield is a leader in shaping not only a vision, but a reality, of the metro-Richmond area.
- County employees and citizens are shareholders in our progress and serve as trustees for those values held dear: fairness, integrity, diversity and harmony, lifelong learning, appreciation of history and culture, and steadfastness in long-range commitments.
- Our community remains committed to providing a safe and secure environment in which to live, work, and raise a family.
- Business has a major role in providing positive growth and a balanced community.
- We are committed to our young citizens. With boundless potential for positive contribution, their education, development, and social growth are vital to our progress.
- Employees, businesses and citizens find Chesterfield a place where imagination can flourish, new things can be tried, risks can be taken, freedom of expression is encouraged and human initiative and potential are unleashed.