- Finance and Administration
- Learning and Performance Center
Learning and Performance Center
The Learning and Performance Center is the learning organization for Chesterfield County employees and assists the county by providing developmental experiences and consulting services that promote individual and organizational success.
The Learning and Performance Center identifies and provides learning experiences and support tools that advance and engage an enabled workforce. Our commitment is to offer resources that are relevant, result-oriented and dynamic to meet changing needs.
Individual class offerings for county employees include instructor-led and online courses in a variety of topics that support the eight core competencies of Chesterfield County.
Learning Support Tools
Job aids, videos, books and other resources are accessible for the just-in-time learner.
Paths for Development
There are 10 certificate programs available in the areas of business, computer skills, health and wellness and public safety. There are also specific reoccurring programs such as the Emerging Senior Leaders Program, Supervisory Leadership Conference and Employee Leadership Institute, all formatted to assist employees develop as leaders at any level.
Performance and Consulting Services
The Learning and Performance Center staff provides consulting services to departments often working directly with groups of employees including but not limited to team building, facilitations, process improvement and special requests focused on internal business needs.
Leading a 2030 Ready Workforce initiative, Learning and Performance Center employees are prepared to be trusted organizational advisors.
- Maximize department resources of time, money and team knowledge, skills and abilities
- Optimize staff engagements
- Advance Learning and Performance Center team from responsive to radical influencers
Known as the organization’s source and inspiration for learning, we ensure employees are fully equipped to achieve service excellence safely and efficiently.
- Develop an agile learning delivery system to enhance the employee experience
- Adopt a nimble learning portfolio to respond to identified needs
Promoting successful areas operating at peak performance and fully aligned with organizational mission and vision.
- Influence and identify organizational needs and trends where training, development and consulting could promote success
- Create an integrated approach to indexing consulting engagements
In addition to serving the needs of the county workforce, the Learning and Performance Center offers training and facilitation services to external organizations.
Learning and Performance Center Classes
Join us by attending our regularly scheduled classes. These classes are delivered primarily at the Learning and Development Center in the County Government Complex.
- Two-hour class - $100 per person
- Half-day class - $125 per person
- Full-day class - $200 per person
Classes at Customer Site
We can come to you! Upon request and availability, our Performance Consultants can deliver training at your location for up to 25 students per class.
- Half-day class - $1,500 per instructor
- Full-day class - $2,000 per instructor per day
Price includes instructional delivery and all materials. Price excludes all applicable travel expenses, which will be billed to the customer at Chesterfield County's standard government rates.
Upon request, the Learning and Performance Center can partner to assess training needs and then modify its existing curricula or custom-develop new curricula to meet organizational needs. Our rate for these services is $200 per hour.
- Community Transportation Association of VA
- Lucy Corr Village
- Saint Joseph's Villa
- Treasurers Association of VA
- United Methodist Family Services
- Virginia Council on Juvenile Detention
- City of Asheville, NC
- City of Fredericksburg, VA
- City of Hopewell, VA
- City of Manassas, VA
- City of Portsmouth, VA
- City of Roanoke, VA
- Fairfax County, VA
- Gloucester County, VA
- Greensville County, VA
- Hanover County, VA
- Powhatan County, VA
- Prince Edward County, VA
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- Town of Culpepper, VA
- Virginia Department of Alcohol and Beverage Control
- Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- Virginia Department of Professional and Occupational Regulation
- Virginia Institute of Government
- York County, VA