Suicide Awareness & Prevention Resources
The Chesterfield Suicide Awareness and Prevention Coalition brings together organizations in Central Virginia who are working to educate residents about:
- Mental illness
- Risk factors for suicide
- Support resources within our community
Widening the Safety Net
By educating people of all ages, we are widening the safety net in our community so we can:
- Recognize the warning signs of suicide
- Take the appropriate steps to help the person in crisis
- Identify the appropriate help.
Question & More Information
If you have questions or would like more information Contact the Chesterfield Suicide Awareness and Prevention Coalition by calling 804-378-0035.
“Raise Your Voice about Suicide Prevention,” was produced by the coalition to teach residents how to recognize the warning signs of suicide and the steps to take to help the person in crisis.
Schedule a Presentation
The program is provided free to religious, civic and other groups in Chesterfield County. To schedule a presentation for your organization, call Jill Weiseman at 804-378-0035.
Support Groups for Survivors
- AFSP Survivors of Suicide Loss Support Group
- Full Circle Suicide Loss Group
- Morrissett Community Care Survivor of Suicide Loss Support Group
- National Alliance on Mental Illness of Central Virginia Survivors of Suicide Loss Support Group
Mental Health Emergency
If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health emergency contact Chesterfield Crisis Intervention at 804-748-6356.