Our main responsibilities are to:
- Maintain the County Jail
- Provide security for the County Courts
- Serve various legal papers throughout the county
Though all Sheriffs Deputies maintain and use arrest authority, the Chesterfield County Police Department is the agency responsible for the majority of criminal investigations, as well as traffic enforcement and patrol duties in the county.
Effective July 1, 2020, the Virginia Department of State Police, Uniform Crime Reporting Unit began the collection of investigatory stop data based on the creation of the Community Policing Act. Data collected from our agency can be viewed on the Virginia Open Data Portal.
Tue Feb. 15
Wed Feb. 16
Thu Feb. 17
Thu Feb. 24
- How do I bond out someone?
- Where do I go to pick up someone being released from jail?
- What departments are housed in the Chesterfield County Main Courthouse?
- What departments are housed in the Chesterfield County Juvenile and Domestic Courthouse?
- How do attorneys receive an access card?
- How do I contact Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Community Corrections?
- What if I have a jail question that isn't covered on this list?
- How are Court fines paid?
- How do I file a criminal complaint?
- What happens when a person is taken into custody at the courthouse?