Hover here for Site Tools
FAQ -How do you get an uncontested divorce?
FacebookTwitterYouTubeMedia CenterRSS
Contact Us

Clerk of Court

The Honorable Wendy S. Hughes

E-Mail Us  This email account is intended for general inquiries only. For specific case-related inquiries, please call the Clerk’s Office during public service hours to speak with a staff member in the appropriate division.

The Court does not accept case-related filings via the Internet, e-mail or fax.
Filings are accepted via mail, courier or hand delivery.

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 125
Chesterfield, VA 23832-0909

Street Address:
9500 Courthouse Road
Chesterfield, VA 23832Map this 

Phone: (804) 748-1241

Public Service Hours:
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Monday through Friday

Recording Hours:
8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday

NOTE: Recording hours are subject to change in the event of inclement weather or holiday closings. Filing parties are encouraged to call the Clerk's Office in advance to ascertain any deviation from normal recording hours.

Frequently Asked Questions

Subject: Social Services - How do you get an uncontested divorce?

Question: How do you get an uncontested divorce?

Answer: Divorce -In order to initiate a divorce, it is necessary to file the proper pleadings prepared in accordance with the Code of Virginia and Rules of the Virginia Supreme Court. As there are no initiating forms available in the Clerk's Office, it is recommended that you consult an attorney. http://www.chesterfield.gov/content2.aspx?id=5885 

Go Back
Related Content

FAQ - How to file for child custody and separation?