Hover here for Site Tools
FAQ - I just turned 65 is there any relief for real-estate taxes?
FacebookTwitterYouTubeMedia CenterRSS
Contact Us

Commissioner of the Revenue
Timothy M. McPeters

Phone Numbers
(804) 748-1281

Fax Numbers
(804) 768-8649 Administration, Individual Personal Property
(804) 796-3236 Business License, Business Tangible Personal Property, Income Tax, Tax Relief

Email Us 

Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Mailing address
Commissioner of the Revenue
P.O. Box 124
Chesterfield, VA 23832-0908

Street Address
Commissioner of the Revenue
9901 Lori Road
Building 38, Room 165
Chesterfield, VA 23832
Map this 

Frequently Asked Questions

Subject: I just turned 65 is there any relief for real-estate taxes?

Question: I just turned 65. Is there any relief for real-estate taxes?

Answer: There is a Real Estate Tax Relief Program administered by the State Income Tax Section of the Commissioner of the Revenue's Office. An application must be completed to determine eligibility. Once you turn 65 you will become eligible as of January 1 the following year. If you are renewing an application, forms must be filed no later than April 1.

Go Back
Related Content

03-05-14 Yellow Dot Program May Save Lives

10-25-12 Three Inducted into Senior Volunteer Hall of Fame

10-26-07 Director of Virginia Center on Aging at VCU to Speak at Annual Meeting

About Senior Services - Senior Advocate

About Senior Services and Senior Advocate

Adult Protective Services