About Senior Services - Senior Advocate
See the Senior Advocate Newsletter
The Office of the Senior Advocate, created in May 2003, is Chesterfield County's leading resource for older adults and individuals with physical and sensory disabilities. The office serves residents of ages 60 and older, their family members and caregivers. Chesterfield County recognizes that older adults offer a wealth of knowledge and experience and want to live active, independent lives.
What We Do:
- Serve older adults who want to remain active, independent and vital contributors to their communities.
- Provide information and referrals to services and resources relating to issues of aging, caregiving, and physical or sensory disabilities.
- Assistance is available to caregivers, who may be older and need assistance.
- Give referrals to volunteer and employment opportunities. Many volunteer opportunities are available with the office.
- Promote and coordinate services for older adults and their caregivers through regular meetings with county Human Services departments, not-for-profit organizations and private businesses.
- Provide information and resources to grandparents and other kin raising a child.
- Act as a spokesperson for older adults and their caregivers.
The Office of the Senior Advocate serves as a collaborative partner working with other organizations to meet the needs of older adults. In this capacity, the office has been active with the following regional partners.