The regional James River Advisory Council has set its 20th Annual James River Parade of Lights for Saturday, Dec. 8. Boats decorated with thousands of lights will cruise the James between Richmond and Henrico and Chesterfield counties. Multiple viewing sites, several of which provide additional entertainment, make it easy for people throughout the region to view this spectacular holiday tradition on the James. Admission is free to all sites.
- Libby Hill Park, corner of 28th and East Franklin streets, entertainment begins at 4:30 p.m., parade viewing at 6 p.m.
- Intermediate Terminal Dock, Dock and Water streets, parade viewing at 6 p.m.
- Osborne Park and Boat Landing and Boat Landing, 9530 Osborne Turnpike, entertainment begins at 4 p.m., parade viewing 7-7:30 p.m.
- Dutch Gap Boat Landing, 441 Coxendale Road, parade viewing 7:30-7:45 p.m.
- Henricus Historical Park , 251 Henricus Park Road, entertainment begins at 6 p.m., parade viewing 7:45-8 p.m.
Parking is first-come, first-served. For more information, including directions, visit jrac-va.org or call 804-717-6681.