Chesterfield County Volunteers.....
The HEART of a FIRST CHOICE community
Each year volunteers and community groups donate their time and talents to County departments.
Volunteers in Chesterfield County partner with county staff to enhance and enrich the quality of life in our community.
Volunteers become an integral part of our staff as they assist in the delivery of vital services and programs to our residents and community.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Share your talents.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Acquire new skills.
- Stay connected to the community.
- Feel a sense of pride and gratitude.
- Have fun!
- Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older unless otherwise specified.
- Reference checks are strongly suggested and should be conducted by the supervisor with a minimum of two professional/personal references.
- Federal criminal background checks are conducted on all volunteers who will be providing services to juveniles.
Responsibilities of a Volunteer
- Be committed to your volunteer assignment.
- Only accept responsibilities that you can reasonably handle.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and ethical manner at all times.
- Follow all County and Departmental Policies and Procedures.
- Meet time commitments or provide adequate notice so other arrangements can be made.
- Assist in tracking your volunteer hours.
What a Volunteer Should Expect
- To know who your supervisor is and be given clear direction
- To be treated in a respectful manner at all times
- To be informed of policies and procedures and changes as appropriate
- To receive orientation and training for your position
- To feel your efforts contribute to the organization’s objectives
- To feel appreciated for your contributions