The Southern Area Convenience Center is closed every Tuesday and Wednesday.
The Northern Area Convenience Center is closed every Wednesday and Thursday.
Mulch is currently available for citizens to load at the Southern Area Convenience Center at any time during regular business hours. To ensure availability, please call 748-1297.
Beginning Thursday, August 4, 2016, mulch will be loaded for citizens at the Southern Area Convenience Center every Thursday from 9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Mulch will not be loaded if it is raining.
About the Convenience Center
The county operates two convenience centers for household refuse disposal and recycling. These services are provided for county residents only. The sites accept waste generated from residential homes, including household waste, construction/demolition debris, brush and yard waste and bulky waste. For additional information, call 804-748-1297. Additionally, numerous recycling options are available at the sites.
Credit Cards Accepted
To better serve our customers, the convenience centers are now accepting MasterCard and Visa for payment.
Convenience Center Locations
Northern Area Convenience Center, 3200 Warbro Road
- 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. — Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Site is closed on Wednesday and Thursday
Southern Area Convenience Center, 6700 Landfill Drive
- 9:30 a.m.-6 p.m. — Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- Site is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday
Residential trash - $7 per standard load (larger loads will be charged accordingly – see examples below)
Vegetative Debris (includes brush, grass, leaves, small limbs and timber less than 16 inches in diameter, and other vegetative waste) - $7 per standard load (larger loads will be charged accordingly – see examples below)
Fee Examples for Residential trash or Yard Waste
- 1 pick-up truck load = $7
- 1 pick-up truck load with a 10’ or smaller trailer load = $14
- 1 pick-up truck load with trailer load longer than 10’ and shorter than 20’= $21
- Trucks larger than standard pick-up trucks, including moving vans, roll backs, and small dump trucks will be charged accordingly.
Construction and Demolition debris - $15 minimum (fee will be adjusted for larger than standard loads – see examples below)
Fee Examples for Construction and Demolition Debris:
- 1 pick-up truck load = $15
- 1 pick-up truck load with 10’ or smaller trailer load= $30
- 1 pick-up truck load with trailer load longer than 10’ and shorter than 20’= $45
- 1pick-up truck load with a trailer load longer than 20’ = $60
Tires - $2 each (off rim); $5 each (on rim); oversized not accepted
- $10 each (non-freon), i.e. washer, dryer, stove, hot water heater, furnace/boiler
- $15 each (freon), i.e. air conditioner, freezer, refrigerator
Recyclable materials - aluminum, glass, metal containers, cardboard, mixed paper (junk mail, magazines, newspapers, catalogs, computer paper and office paper) and #1 through #7 plastics, including waxy coated food and beverage cartons (milk, juice, juice boxes, soup, creamer, egg substitutes). Rinse and place cap back on the carton before placing in the recycling container. No Styrofoam, plastic bags, or food-contaminated containers - Free
Fees are payable by cash, checks to "Treasurer, Chesterfield County," MasterCard and Visa. Customer Value Cards (CVCs) will no longer be offered. Cards without expiration dates will be honored until all visits are used.
Some items are not accepted at the convenience centers. These include timber greater than 16 inches in diameter, stumps, ammunition, asbestos, lead and medical waste (sharps.)
For more information, contact General Services - Environmental Division at 804-748-1297.