Located in Central Virginia, Chesterfield County consists of 446 square miles of suburban, urban and rural areas. Our organization is a combination career/volunteer system consisting of 487 career and approximately 110 active volunteer personnel operating out of 21 fire and 7 rescue stations. Our men and women service a population of more than 319,000 citizens. On this page you will find the "heart" of our organization:
Our Mission, Our Vision and Our Strategic Goals.
We have attempted to provide information about our organization, as well as a fire and life safety resource for our citizens. We sincerely hope you enjoy your visit. If you have any questions, comments or need any additional information that you could not locate on this site please contact us.
Chesterfield Fire and EMS is an equal opportunity employer.
Our Mission & Vision
Vision - The vision of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to be leaders in providing quality community fire & life safety prevention, fire protection, emergency medical and emergency management services.
Mission -The mission of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to protect life, property and the environment.
Our Strategic Goals
- Prevent fires, hazardous conditions, injuries and deaths.
- Minimize risks to life, property, and the environment by mitigating hazards.
- Prepare for emergencies and disasters.
- Respond promptly to emergencies and disasters, suppress fires, control or eliminate hazards, save lives, and reduce suffering by providing patient care and transportation.
- Recover from emergency incidents and disasters in order to reduce property loss and restore community well-being.