The Ettrick Community Building needs you.
We are seeking enthusiastic instructors to share their expertise with the community. Instructors are needed in music, art, dance, drama, sports, fitness, culinary, gardening or whatever your hobby.
We also want to hear from you! How can the Ettrick Community Building meet your needs? What classes or events do you want to see offered? How can we help you achieve your goals?
Contact us NOW at 804-706-2596.
Mayes-Colbert Ettrick Community Building
20621 Woodpecker Road
South Chesterfield, VA 23803
Building Supervisor: Tonya Jones
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-noon
NO PETS ALLOWED - except service animals that are specifically trained to aid persons with disabilities
The Mayes-Colbert Ettrick Community Building was dedicated on November 3, 1995. The 5,000 square feet building is located in Ettrick Park and offers a warming kitchen, arts and crafts room, game room, multipurpose room and a small conference room. A wide variety of programs and special events are offered for youth, adults and older adults.
- Community Groups
- Craft Classes
- Morning Mixer
- Seasonal Special Events
- Summer Camp
- Teen Dances
- Therapeutic Programs
- Tot Programs
- Wellness Seminars
A complete listing of our current programs can be found at Ettrick Programs.
For information on additional programs for older adults, visit our Older Adults Programs page.
In case of inclement weather consult the Adverse Weather Policy.
Instructors are needed to assist with recreation activities and classes in dance, fitness, crafts, hobbies and other specialized areas for youth, adults and senior adults. Contact Tonya Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the Course Proposal.
The building is also available for rent on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays on a first-come, first-served basis. An hourly charge will be applied. Groups renting the building are required to follow all building rules. Ettrick Community Building staff will be present at all rentals.
- The person making a request to rent the building must first inquire if the building is available at the time needed. For more information please call 804-706-2596.
- Information and facility rental applications are available at the building, can be downloaded from the link below, or can be mailed upon request.
- The facility rental application form must be completed and returned to the Ettrick Community Building. The rental must be approved before payment is accepted.
- Payment in full is due at the time of the reservation and can be made in the form of cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Make checks payable to: Treasurer of Chesterfield County. If paying cash please have correct change.
- Refunds will be granted up until two weeks prior to the reservation date and must be requested in writing to the Ettrick Community Building. No refunds will be issued after this time. There will be a $25 processing fee on all refunds. Refunds will not be granted for inclement weather unless the department closes the facility.
The Community Building Rental Form is available in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print.
Rental Fees and Maximum Occupancy
||First Three Hours/
Each Additional Hour
|Maximum Occupancy Standing/
Tables and Chairs
||$155 / $40
||88 / 64
||$95 / $35
||55 / 24