Welcome to the home page of the Electoral Board and General Registrar
Chesterfield County is part of the Richmond-Petersburg metropolitan area and is bounded by the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell, and Colonial Heights. Chesterfield has an approximate population of 318,000 with over 220,000 registered voters.
Links are listed on the left side of this page where organizational information regarding the electoral process in Chesterfield can be found, as well as recent election results and other government links.
Thank you for visiting our site.
General Election - November 4, 2014
100-Day Notice - Official Notice
A General Election will be held for:
- US Senate;
- House of Representatives – 4th and 7th Districts.
There will be special elections on the same ballot for:
- Proposed amendment to the Virginia Constitution;
- 16th Senate District (only precincts 101, 103, 105, 106, 109, 110, 112, 214, 301, and 303); and
- Clerk of the Chesterfield Circuit Court (county-wide).
The polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Final Day to register to vote is Tuesday October 14, 2014
- Absentee Voting – In person absentee voting will begin at the Registrar’s Office on September 19, 2014.
- All mailed absentee ballots must be received back in the Registrar’s Office on or before 7 p.m. on Election Day, November 4, 2014.
- Tuesday October 28, 2014 – Final day to submit a request for an absentee ballot by mail.
- Saturday October 25, 2014, and Saturday November 1, 2014, the Registrar’s Office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for in-person absentee voting.
- November 1 is the Final day to vote absentee in-person.
The Electoral Board will meet in the Office of the General Registrar on Wednesday, November 5, 2014, at 9:30 a.m. for the canvass of the election. Verify your voter registration, to confirm your polling place or for ballot information or call 804-748-1471.
The Registrar's Office is located at 9848 Lori Road in Court Square
Get driving directions
From the intersection of Ironbridge Road(Route 10) and Lori Road:
- Turn onto Lori Road (Lori Road is the extension of Beach Road)
- Immediately get into a left turn lane
- Turn left at the Absentee Voting and/or Voter Registration signs (service road)
- This office is the last building on the right; there is a green canopy over the front door.