Live election results will be available on election night beginning at 7 p.m.
General Election, Tuesday, November 4, 2014 for
- US Senate
- House of Representatives – 4th and 7th Districts
- One proposed amendment to the Virginia Constitution
There will be special elections for:
- 7th Congressional District-unexpired term of Eric Cantor* (see notice below)
- Clerk of the Chesterfield Circuit Court (county-wide)
- 16th Virginia Senate District (only precincts 101, 103, 105, 106, 109, 110, 112, 214, 301, and 303)
Edgewater 417 polling place change notice
*Attention Seventh Congressional District Voters ONLY
The office of United States House of Representatives, 7th District, will appear in two places on the ballot in the November 4, 2014 election.
The first appearance is for the office’s full two year term. The general election winner will take office on January 3, 2015 and will serve through January 3, 2017. The office header for the general election will read:
Member House of Representatives 7th District (Vote for only one)
The second appearance is a special election for the unexpired term of former congressman Eric I. Cantor. The special election winner will take office upon qualification and will serve through January 3, 2015. The office header for the special election will read:
Member House of Representatives 7th District For unexpired term to end January 3, 2015 (Vote for only one)
Please be aware that each election winner will serve a different term in office.
The polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Registrar’s Office is located at 9848 Lori Road 23832 (in Court Square) and is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for voter registration and absentee voting.
Voter Registration - Final day to register to vote is Tuesday, October 14, 2014.
Absentee Voting –In-person absentee voting will be available at the Registrar’s Office from September 19, 2014, through November 1, 2014. All mailed absentee ballots must be received back in the Registrar’s Office on or before 7PM on Election Day, November 4, 2014.
- Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - Final day to submit a request for an absentee ballot by mail.
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 and Saturday November 1, 2014 - the Registrar’s Office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. for in-person absentee voting. November 1 is the Final day to vote absentee in-person.
The Electoral Board will meet in the Office of the General Registrar on Wednesday, November 5, 2014, at 9:30 a.m. for the canvass of the election. To verify your voter registration, to confirm your polling place or for ballot information go to www.chesterfield.gov/registrar or call 748-1471.