The Chesterfield-Colonial Heights Department of Social Services is a combined agency serving both the County of Chesterfield and City of Colonial Heights. Our mission is to provide benefits and services to the citizens of both communities based on programs established by local, state and federal laws and policies. Some examples of these programs are child and adult services, foster care and adoption services, employment services, SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) and TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). The Board, comprised of nine members representing both localities, governs the Department of Social Services.
Our vision is to be the leader in providing exceptional and innovative social services.
In collaboration with individuals, families and the community, our mission is to provide advocacy and excellent services that encourage self-sufficiency; preserve and restore families; and protect the well-being of children, senior citizens and people with disabilities.
We believe that:
- Diversity enriches our lives
- Each person has the right to live and work in a safe and healthy environment
- All people have the ability to achieve their full potential
Our actions are guided by:
- Commitment to the highest standard of service
- Respect and Trust for customers and colleagues
- Empathy for others
- Innovation in the provision of services
- Good Stewardship of our resources
- Ethics, Integrity and Accountability in all we say and do
Call Center for Benefit Programs
First Choice Community Employment Center
- There is no information available at this time
Call to report changes to Active Cases: Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Food Stamps (SNAP – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), Medicaid, and General Relief.