We are committed to providing you with excellent customer service. When dealing with our department, you can expect:
1. A professional and courteous staff.
- You will be addressed in a polite, courteous, and professional manner.
- Your call will be answered within three rings, and telephone transfers will be limited to one per call.
- You will receive a response to your request within 24 hours.
- You will be assisted by a knowledgeable employee who will provide you with accurate information.
2. We will meet or exceed the state mandated time frame for service of civil process.
- 100% of civil process will be served within the state mandated time frame.
3. We will provide for the safe and secure detention of those in the Sheriff's custody.
- Violent incidents will be minimized through careful monitoring of inmates.
4. We will maintain 100% compliance with Virginia Department of Corrections life, health, and safety standards.
- We will obtain 100% compliance on DOC inspections. Deficiencies will be addressed within 24 hours.
5. We will provide a safe environment for court proceedings.
- The possibility of violent incidents will be minimized through the use of proactive security procedures.
6. Opportunities for the treatment and rehabilitation of inmates will be provided.
- The Sheriff's Office will provide quality medical care for inmates.
- The Sheriff's Office will support substance abuse prevention programs.
- The Sheriff's Office will provide job training for inmates through the inmate workforce program.
7. The Sheriff's Office will provide alternative incarceration programs for inmates meeting certain criteria.
- The Sheriff's Office is committed to work release, work weekender, and home incarceration programs.
8. Our employees will positively impact citizens' lives with service programs.
- The Sheriff's Office will be a leader among county agencies in providing community service programs such as Seniors In Touch, TRIAD, Play It Safe, and Inmate Outreach.
If you have any concerns, complaints, or compliments, please provide them to:
Karl S. Leonard, Sheriff
P.O. Box 7
Chesterfield, Virginia 23832