Domestic and Sexual Violence Resource List
Domestic Violence Hotlines
- YWCA Women's Advocacy Program
24hours / 7 days shelter, support, information, referrals & advocacy
- Virginia Family Violence & Sexual Assault Hotline
24 hours / 7 days crisis, support, information and/or referrals
- Toll Free National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-7233
Shelter for women and children; individual crisis and support group counseling; referrals to medical care, legal assistance, other community resources Satellite counseling services also available on Mondays at the Rogers Building
- YWCA Women’s Domestic Violence Support Group: FREE
Time: 6:30-8:00 PM on Monday
Location: Rogers Building/Chesterfield Mental Health Call first for intake: 804-643-0888
- Chesterfield Sexual and Domestic Violence Resource Center’s FREE
Support Group for Women Who Would Rather Be Anonymous
Wednesday’s Time: 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Location: Confidential Call for Intake 804-318-8265
- Prevention Services Children’s Group: FREE
Children who have witnessed violence group on Monday evenings
For children in grades 1 through 5. Call first for intake 768-7800 Services are available for children of other age groups as well.
- Central Virginia Legal Aid Society
(Domestic Violence Unit): 804-648-1012 Legal advice and/or court representation for low-income victims; handles protective orders, custody and visitation, and child /spousal court cases; criminal cases are not taken. ** Call number; ask receptionist for DV Intake Voicemail; leave message (name, phone #, brief description of problem); a return call will be made; no messages are left without permission.
Statewide Domestic Violence Alliance
- Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Alliance (VSDVA) 804-377-0335
- Richmond Statewide Hotline: 1-800-838-8238
Chesterfield County Resources
- Chesterfield Victim/Witness Assistance Program Domestic Violence Unit:
717-6179 Provides information on victims' rights and court accompaniment; sexual assault coordinator provides information and court accompaniment. Services available in Spanish.
- Chesterfield Commonwealth Attorney’s Office
Domestic Violence Prosecutor: 804-748-1341
- Chesterfield Police Department Police
Domestic Violence Coordinator: Tana Mooney 804-318-8110
- Chesterfield County Domestic and Sexual Violence Resource Center
Coordinator: Patricia Jones-Turner 804-318-8265
Victim Advocate: Courtney O’Hara 804-318-8264
Services include assistance with protective orders, crisis intervention, individual counseling, group services, case management, court accompaniment, and community referrals for victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking. Services available in Spanish.
- Chesterfield County Community Corrections & Pretrial Services: 318-8220
Provides community based sanctions for local adult offenders, including supervision of batterer’s and referrals & monitoring of offenders in community based batterer’s treatment programs. Services available in Spanish.
Offender Treatment Resources
- Commonwealth Catholic Charities Intake coordinator 285-5900
- Domestic Violence Interventions Connie Brown 355-6341
- Frank Manners and Associates Frank Manners 672-8390
All Batterer Intervention Programs are 36 hours over 24 weeks Fees: $50 Assessment and $20 per group session Anger Management classes are also available