Welcome to the home page of the Electoral Board and General Registrar
Chesterfield County is part of the Richmond-Petersburg metropolitan area and is bounded by the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell, and Colonial Heights. Chesterfield has an approximate population of 318,000 with over 220,000 registered voters.
Links are listed on the left side of this page where organizational information regarding the electoral process in Chesterfield can be found, as well as recent election results and other government links.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Official Primary Notice
Download the Republican Primary Calls
Download the Democratic Primary Calls
A Special Election will be held on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 for Sheriff (countywide) and School Board Member for the Midlothian District only. The polls will be open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m.
The Registrar’s Office is located at 9848 Lori Road 23832 (in Court Square) and is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday for voter registration and absentee voting.
Voter Registration - Final day to register to vote for this election is Tuesday, March 4, 2014.
Absentee Voting –In-person absentee voting is available at the Registrar’s Office. All mailed absentee ballots must be received back in the Registrar’s Office on or before 7 p.m. on Election Day, March 18, 2014.
- Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - Final day to submit a request for an absentee ballot by mail.
- Saturday, March 15, 2014 - the Registrar’s Office will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m for in-person absentee voting. This is the Final day to vote absentee in-person.
The Electoral Board will meet in the Office of the General Registrar on Wednesday, March 19, 2014 at 9:30 for the canvass of the election.
To verify your voter registration, to confirm your polling place or for ballot information go to the Virginia Election and Registration Information System or call 748-1471.
Download the 100-Day Notice.
The Registrar's Office is located at 9848 Lori Road in Court Square
Get driving directions
From the intersection of Ironbridge Road(Route 10) and Lori Road:
- Turn onto Lori Road (Lori Road is the extension of Beach Road)
- Immediately get into a left turn lane
- Turn left at the Absentee Voting and/or Voter Registration signs (service road)
- This office is the last building on the right; there is a green canopy over the front door.