The Chesterfield County Department of Human Resources (HR) administers comprehensive programs aiming to attract, motivate, and retain an efficient, diverse and productive work force. HR provides programs and services to a work force of approximately 3,452 full-time employees and 1,038 part-time/temporary staff, primarily responsible for providing government services to our citizens. HR services include:
- Advertising employment and volunteer opportunities;
- Promoting a diversified work force and advising managers, employees, applicants, and citizens on diversity;
- Providing training programs designed to meet the needs of the work force by enhancing their knowledge, skills, and abilities and preparing employees for future challenges and opportunities through the Learning and Performance Center;
- Providing employee relations counseling to county employees, supervisors and managers to improve work relationships and the work environment;
- Developing human resources policies to meet the needs of the organization while ensuring legal compliance;
- Administering a total compensation program that attracts applicants, maintains internal equity, competes in relevant labor markets, and retains high performers;
- Developing and maintaining a human resource information system to provide managers with useful automated information and management reports; and
- Maintaining a high quality HR staff to serve in a consultative role with county departments, employees and citizens to meet the changing needs of the organization and population.
Our Vision & Mission
The vision of the Department of Human Resources is to be the leader in managing human resources by developing and maintaining a quality work force. We are committed to supporting organizational excellence through creativity, risk taking, integrity and diversity. We will partner with customers to achieve a positive work environment to make Chesterfield County the “Employer of Choice.”
Our mission is to be partners in continuous improvement for organizational excellence.