|2900 Drewry's Bluff Road
North Chesterfield, VA 23237
Building Supervisor: David Potter
Monday-Thursday: 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m.-noon
NO PETS ALLLOWED - except service animals that are specifically trained to aid persons with disabilities
The Bensley Community Building was dedicated on May 6, 2000. The 5,000+ square feet building is located in Bensley Park and offers a kitchenette, arts and crafts room, game room and multipurpose room. A wide variety of programs and special events are offered for youth, adults and older adults.
- Belly Dancing
- Body Toning
- Card Groups
- Chair Fitness
- Craft Classes
- Hispanic Dancing
- Line Dancing
- Seasonal Special Events
- Tot Programs
- Youth Programs
A complete listing of our current programs can be found at Bensley Programs.
For information on additional programs for older adults, visit our Older Adults Programs page.
In case of inclement weather consult the Adverse Weather Policy.
Instructors are needed to assist with recreation activities and classes in dance, fitness, crafts, hobbies and other specialized areas for youth, adults and senior adults. Contact David Potter at email@example.com and complete the Course Proposal.
The building is also available for rent on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays on a first-come, first-served basis. An hourly charge will be applied. Groups renting the building are required to follow all building rules. Bensley Community Building staff will be present at all rentals.
- The person making a request to rent the building must first inquire if the building is available at the time needed. For more information please call 804-275-5321.
- Information and facility rental applications are available at the building, can be downloaded from the link below, or can be mailed upon request.
- The facility rental application form must be completed and returned to the Bensley Community Building.
- Payment in full is due at the time of the reservation and can be made in the form of cash, check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Make checks payable to: Treasurer of Chesterfield County.
- Refunds will be granted up until two weeks prior to the reservation date and must be requested in writing to the Bensley Community Building. No refunds will be issued after this time. There will be a $25 processing fee on all refunds. Refunds will not be granted for inclement weather unless the department closes the facility.
The Community Building Rental Form is available in PDF format and requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print.
Rental Fees and Maximum Occupancy
First three hours/
each additional hour
with tables and chairs
||$155 / $40
|Arts and crafts room
||$95 / $35