Located in Central Virginia, Chesterfield County consists of 446 square miles of suburban, urban and rural areas. Our organization is a combination career/volunteer system consisting of 485 career and approximately 471 active volunteer personnel operating out of 22 fire rescue stations, and 4 rescue squads operating out of 9 rescue stations. We opened Station #21-Harrowgate in February 2015 to better serve our growing community. Our men and women provide first class customer service to a population of more than 328,000 citizens. Last fiscal year, we responded to 38,184 calls: 1,513 fire incidents, 29,122 emergency medical services responses, and 7,549 public service calls.
Recognized by American City Business Journals in 2004 as “The 17th Best Place to Live in America;” and by the America’s Promise Alliance as “One of the 100 Best Communities in America for Young People,” Chesterfield County is truly a FIRST CHOICE community in which to live, work, play, and raise a family!
Our Vision, Mission, and Values
Vision - The vision of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to be leaders in providing quality community fire & life safety prevention, fire protection, emergency medical and emergency management services.
Mission -The mission of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to protect life, property and the environment.
Department’s Organizational Values
- We are DEDICATED to providing the highest quality of public safety services to the citizens and visitors of our county in a SAFE, effective, and timely manner.
- We are COMPASSIONATE to those we serve and each other.
- We are HONEST in all of our interactions with others.
- We have the highest sense of INTEGRITY to earn the trust and respect of our citizens and coworkers.
- We have COURAGE to do what is right for our community, the department, and our members.
- We are ACCOUNTABLE to our citizens, the department, and each other for our actions and for achieving the highest professional standards.
Our Strategic Goals
- Prevent fires, hazardous conditions, injuries and deaths.
- Minimize risks to life, property, and the environment by mitigating hazards.
- Prepare for emergencies and disasters.
- Respond promptly to emergencies and disasters, suppress fires, control or eliminate hazards, save lives, and reduce suffering by providing patient care and transportation.
- Recover from emergency incidents and disasters in order to reduce property loss and restore community well-being.
Chesterfield Fire and EMS is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity