Spring and Summer Fire Safety Tips
As spring and summer approaches thoughts turn to cleaning up from the long winter, making repairs around the home and enjoying the outdoors. Keeping a few safety thoughts in mind will help make this time of year much more enjoyable.
Located in Central Virginia, Chesterfield County consists of 446 square miles of suburban, urban and rural areas. Our organization is a combination career/volunteer system consisting of 485 career and approximately 471 active volunteer personnel operating out of 22 fire rescue stations, and 4 rescue squads operating out of 9 rescue stations. We opened Station #21-Harrowgate in February 2015 to better serve our growing community. Our men and women provide first class customer service to a population of more than 328,000 citizens. Last fiscal year, we responded to 38,184 calls: 1,513 fire incidents, 29,122 emergency medical services responses, and 7,549 public service calls.
Recognized by American City Business Journals in 2004 as “The 17th Best Place to Live in America;” and by the America’s Promise Alliance as “One of the 100 Best Communities in America for Young People,” Chesterfield County is truly a FIRST CHOICE community in which to live, work, play, and raise a family!
Our Vision, Mission, and Values
Vision - The vision of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to be leaders in providing quality community fire & life safety prevention, fire protection, emergency medical and emergency management services.
Mission -The mission of Chesterfield Fire & EMS is to protect life, property and the environment.
Department’s Organizational Values
- We are DEDICATED to providing the highest quality of public safety services to the citizens and visitors of our county in a SAFE, effective, and timely manner.
- We are COMPASSIONATE to those we serve and each other.
- We are HONEST in all of our interactions with others.
- We have the highest sense of INTEGRITY to earn the trust and respect of our citizens and coworkers.
- We have COURAGE to do what is right for our community, the department, and our members.
- We are ACCOUNTABLE to our citizens, the department, and each other for our actions and for achieving the highest professional standards.
Our Strategic Goals
- Prevent fires, hazardous conditions, injuries and deaths.
- Minimize risks to life, property, and the environment by mitigating hazards.
- Prepare for emergencies and disasters.
- Respond promptly to emergencies and disasters, suppress fires, control or eliminate hazards, save lives, and reduce suffering by providing patient care and transportation.
- Recover from emergency incidents and disasters in order to reduce property loss and restore community well-being.
Chesterfield Fire and EMS is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity