Animal Services - How Can I Help or Make a Donation
The Chesterfield County Animal Shelter is in constant need of basic supplies for the dogs and cats in its care and there are two ways to show you care. Tangible items that will provide care for the sheltered animals may be given directly to the Animal Shelter. To receive a tax deduction for your gift, donations may be given to the Chesterfield County Humane Society.
Donation Information for the Animal Shelter:
- Items needed at the shelter
- Iams dry puppy and kitten food
- Iams canned puppy and kitten food
- Iams dry dog and cat food
- Dog biscuits
- Dog and cat shampoo
- Cat litter
- Dog and cat collars and leashes
Chesterfield County Humane Society
- The mission of the Chesterfield County Humane Society is to reduce the death and suffering of homeless animals by providing the supplies and services necessary for these animals, and to work in unison with the efforts of the Chesterfield County Animal Shelter to accomplish this goal.
- Chesterfield County Humane Society provides in-kind donations to the Animal Shelter. Please contact this organization at www.chesterfieldhumane.org to help animals at the shelter. All donations to the Chesterfield County Humane Society are tax deductible.
Richmond Animal League
- Richmond Animal League, Inc. is Richmond’s oldest non-profit, no-kill humane society. RAL was founded in 1979 by a group of local good Samaritans concerned about the hundreds of stray animals in the area.
Dog Exercise Program
The Animal Shelter is seeking volunteers to join in an exercise program for the dogs at the shelter. Can you give an hour a week? The shelter has a designated area for you and your new friend. The exercise program is Monday through Friday from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm. Call the shelter manager at 748-1683 for further details.